Michigan Residential Builder
Residential Builder’s Pre-Licensure
Class Type Lecture
Average Pay Range (Michigan) $13.45 - $37.69
Do you want to start your own construction company, home improvement company or a become a building/construction inspector? If so, then you must get licensed as a Residential Builder.
DRM International Learning Center’s Residential Builders course will prepare students to take and pass the Michigan Residential Builder’s Exam and become a state-licensed Residential Building Contractor.
Our 2-week Residential Builder’s Pre-Licensure Course is split into two sections: Business Law & Administration and Practical Skills & Trade Fundamentals.
The Business Law & Administration portion of the class will teach students the fundamentals of starting, owning & operating a residential construction business in the state of Michigan.
Topics covered include:
- Business Organization & Management
- Financial Management
- Contracting & Contract Terms
- Estimating & Building / Job Cost Management
- Project Management & Scheduling
- Insurance, Liability & Risk Management
- Independent Contractors vs Employees
- Marketing & Sales
- Building Safety, Employee Protection & MIOSHA Safety Standards
The Practical Skills & Trade Fundamentals portion of the class will primarily focus on the technical aspects of building to the standards found in the 2015/2018 Michigan Residential Building Codebook.
The standards pertain to:
- Site Preparation & Layout
- Excavation Techniques
- Concrete, Footings & Foundations
- Floor, Wall & Roof Framing
- HVAC Systems
- Interior & Exterior Finishing
- Pools, Gutters, Pest Control & Demolition (Construction Specialties)
- Decks & Porches
- Other 2015/2018 Michigan Residential Code Specifications
DRM International Learning Center, LLCs Residential Building Pre-Licensure course is perfect for those who have experience in the construction industry & are looking to take their career to the next level AND graduates of our Carpentry & Drywall course.